Expanding Your Business to Russia?
Selectel is the right local IT infrastructure partner for you
Russia is the largest country in the world by territory and a top-6 economy globally. With a population of over 140 million people, the country boasts 110 million Internet users. This is a highly economically active audience — over 70% of the population aged 18 and up uses the Internet daily.
The wider Russian-speaking population and Internet audience as a whole (including former USSR countries) presents an even more massive opportunity. Only the English language has a larger share of the top 10 million websites globally.
International companies seeking to expand their business in Russia require a local IT infrastructure partner to support their growth and help them navigate the complex local infrastructure landscape. In the course of its 10-year history, Selectel has helped over 15,000 international and local B2B clients realize their business objectives in Russia. We are consistently ranked as a top IT company in the country:
- #1dedicated servers provider in Russia
- #2private cloud provider in Russia
- #4commercial colocation player in Russia
- #5IaaS provider in Russia
We offer our clients a wide range of hosting and colocation services through a single window. Our product offering includes colocation in Moscow and St. Petersburg, and hosting services fully compliant with Russian legislation: dedicated servers and a variety of VMware and Openstack-based cloud products developed by Selectel. In addition, we help our clients set up and manage IT infrastructures that utilize the products of global XaaS leaders, including VMware, AliCloud, Google and Microsoft.
- 10 years in the market
- 6 company-owned data centers in Moscow and St. Petersburg
- 15,000+ B2B clients
- 270+ employees
- 100+ engineers
- 12 MW power capacity
- 7,500 sqm server room area
- 1,500 server racks installed, with ability to scale by 2x within existing facilities
- 245 km of company-owned fiber-optics
Licenses and Certifications
Intel Platinum Reseller. The first in Russia to receive samples of new equipment.
Google Сloud Partner
VMware Cloud Verified Partner. Trusted partners accelerate the digital transformation of customers.
Veeam CSP Silver Partner
Alibaba Cloud Partner
PCI DSS v3.0. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
ISO 9001:2015. Quality management system standards, updated from 2015.
FSTEC of Russia. Certification for developing confidential data handling and processing means and safeguarding confidential data.
FSB of Russia. License for developing, producing and distributing encryption methods and encrypted IT and telecommunication systems.
Communication Service License No. 118268. Authorization to operate carrier-grade backbones.
ICT Service License No. 125965. Authorization to provide telematic communication services to customers in St.Petersburg.
Telecommunications License for the Provision of Communication Channels No. 125964. Authorization to lease communication channels to customers.
ICT Service License No. 125963. Authorization to provide telematic communication services to customers in Moscow.
A Unique Combination of IT Services
Data Сenter Services
Hosting in Tier III compliant data centersLearn More
- Cages / suites
- Server rooms
- Data center
- Compliant with Russian regulations
- 24/7 monitoring, remote hands, managed services
- Access management and monitoring systems
- Video surveillance
- Uninterrupted power and air conditioning
Fixed and custom bare-metal configurationsLearn More
- The widest selection of fixed configurations in the market
- Tens of configurations and over a thousand SKUs always in stock
- Servers deployed within an hour
- The largest provider of custom dedicated servers
- We are the only company in Russia offering customized dedicated servers at scale
- Custom configurations deployed within 2 days
- Chipcore: low-cost dedicated servers for SMEs
Secure and reliable data storageLearn More
- An ideal solution for online applications, backup storage, and content distribution
- Data is replicated on 3 separate servers in Tier III data centers and backed by a 99.98% uptime SLA
- Easy integration and ready-to-use CDN
Content Delivery Network
Content distribution over Akamai’s global networkLearn More
- 240,000 edge servers worldwide
- Data is transferred from the nearest edge server, ensuring users retrieve content at optimal speeds
- Optimal network routes means 16x faster downloads
Equipment maintenance and management by certified specialistsLearn More
- KVM over IP (remote access), operating system installation and setup
- Reporting on data center conditions, technical consultation
- Equipment mounting and removal, locker rental, cleaning of optic ports and fiber-optic connections
- Technical support for outside clients (tech support outsourcing)
Virtual Private Cloud
User-managed private cloudLearn More
- Highly scalable platform built on cutting-edge hardware serving as a virtual data center, where resources can be distributed among various projects
- Complete control over your own custom cloud infrastructure
VMware 6.5-based platform with vSANLearn More
- Authorized VMware Partner
- VMware certified platform
- Built on high-end Intel servers with NVMe SSD
- Disaster recovery and fault tolerance
- Financially-backed SLA
- 99.98% uptime guarantee
Professional consultation and implementation of custom infrastructures
- Includes analysis, consultation, solution development, and implementation
- Full project migration regardless of complexity
Administration, migration and monitoringLearn More
- LPIC and CCNA certified administrators
- Project migration
- Data backups
- Resource monitoring
- Security audits and vulnerability tracking
- Log collection and analysis
Business Continuity Services
Business continuity, system integration and infrastructure managed servicesLearn More
- DDoS mitigation and other security-as-a-service solutions
- Server and client service setup
- DNS hosting, monitoring
- One-click DBMS and OS installation
VPS and Other Cloud Solutions
Cloud products closely integrated with other Selectel servicesLearn More
- Сloud products tailored to a client’s needs
- Vscale VPS developed by Selectel
- Pay-as-you-go billing
Cloud solutions by global public cloud leaders
- Google Cloud Platform
- Alibaba Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Russian cloud partners
Compliance with Russian Legislation
Selectel helps its clients comply with Russian federal personal data protection laws 149-FZ, 152-FZ and 242-FZ. The aforementioned pieces of legislation state that, among other things, all companies are required by law to store and process the personal data of Russian citizens on servers hosted in Russia.
Several global leaders ignored this legislation at their own peril. While such exceptional cases are neither frequent nor unique to Russia, where the Internet is still predominantly free and under regulated, they highlight the importance of understanding the local environment.